A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Fashionable ferrets

I had to giggle at this news story today. Burberry is threatening to sue a company who are using it to make clothes for ferrets. I find it strange that they mind their design being used in this way, considering how many of their customers look like ferrets. It just seems like a natural progression.

However, has anybody asked the ferrets what they think ? Maybe they don't want to be decked out in the national costume of neds. It could be construed as cruelty to animals. I know I was ashamed when I had to go on holiday with my mother who had bought the largest fake-Burberry suitcase she could find. I still have nightmares sometimes.

The best bit in the article is the very last line where Burberry say they have "no plans for a line of ferret accessories, but "that's not to say there won't be."." They're happy to sue this company for using their fabric and now they're going to steal their idea ! Tsk, tsk, not playing fair. I look forward to the Burberry vs. Ferret World cases. There's a movie in there somewhere.

3 Comments:

At 7:06 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

There's a guy that gets on my bus every morning that looks very like that ferret.

 
At 12:25 am, Blogger ill man said...

Compared to the average ned, that ferret looks positively adorable.

 
At 3:35 am, Blogger J. Star said...

As if ferrets aren't weird enough naked.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home