A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Protect Them Because They Are Weak And Everyone Is Dangerous, Except Me




Cast your mind back to when you were a teenager. Imagine you were leaving your school dance and were confronted with a pupil from a neighbouring school dressed in a penis costume. I'm guessing that it would elicit some giggling, a bit of piss taking and a Benny Hill style chase involving some of the more excitable boys. Actually, I find the idea of teenage boys chasing a giant penis oddly hilarious, more so if I imagine them shouting 'get back here ya dick' at it. In fact thinking back to my school, what would have happened, is a fat bird would have attempted to mount it and killed the boy inside the costume, I would have strolled by made some comment, ended up getting the blame for the whole sorry incident and a kicking off the fat bird.

Anyway it appears I'm rather behind the times with this one, apparently dressing up as a penis constitutes sexual harassment. Well that's according to the aptly named Mr Himmler who suspended poor James Watkins for the aforementioned crime of dressing up as a penis. I presume it is female students that this insane over reaction is intended to protect. I wonder if any complained, I suspect not.

I find myself reminded of the memo that went round my brothers work ordering staff not to send Christmas cards and keep any Christmas celebrations low key because they worked in a 'multicultural, multi-faith office'. In fairness it did it's bit for racial harmony, in that it united the office in shared outrage. However the people most annoyed by this were the minorities being 'protected' from Christmas, who as one memorably and coarsely put it couldn't care less if the rest of the office celebrated Richard Madely's bathtime farts.


I'm opposed to racism, sexism and all the other isms. So naturally I'm annoyed by people who claim to share my views treating the group they claim to be defending like unusually sensitive children. I'm starting to suspect this behaviour is a repressed form of hatred towards whatever group they purport to be treating equally. Let's face it, it's far easier to introduce yourself as an active anti-racist, than an active member of the BNP at middle class dinner parties.

7 Comments:

At 1:55 am, Blogger A Churl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:16 pm, Blogger Steve55 said...

Wholly agreed.

 
At 11:25 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

Cheers Steve. I'm wondering if it's possible to bring some sense to activist circles about these things. I doubt it and despair accordingly.

 
At 12:11 pm, Blogger creepylesbo said...

Oh clairwill, I think I'm falling in love with your posts.

 
At 7:16 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

Oh Creepylesbo, flattery will get you everywhere.

 
At 3:34 pm, Blogger alan said...

you need to have balls to dress like that.

 
At 7:22 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

Boom boom!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home