A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wrestling with Diane Arbus

Germaine Greer remembers

"Clutching the camera she climbed on to the bed and straddled me, moving up until she was kneeling with a knee on both sides of my chest. She held the Rolleiflex at waist height with the lens right in my face. She bent her head to look through the viewfinder on top of the camera, and waited. In her viewfinder I must have looked like a guppy ..."

This is an odd piece of writing. I don't think Germaine was terribly flattered by the end result, but she seems to have been nursing her wrath for rather a long time.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

I know how she feels, everytime I see that bloody picture of me looking like a pig at last years works do, I feel like killing someone.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home