A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Death by firing squad

The latest news in the Gary Glitter child sex abuse story is that he could be sentenced to death by firing squad.

I'm not sure what I think about this. On one hand, I have always said I don't believe in capital punishment because I think killing someone for any reason is murder, not to mention cases where innocent people are wrongly convicted. On the other hand, this man is a monster, as are all sex offenders, and he has proved that he can't be rehabilitated.

There doesn't seem to be an easy answer. If he's not to be put to death, what happens to him ? The only way to make sure he can't do anything like this again is to lock him up for the rest of his life, which costs the taxpayer money. The justice system in Britain is completely screwed up when it comes to this type of crime. Sentences can range from probabtion (ha !) to a few years in prison. Very rarely are sex offenders actually given life sentences but even then they are usually released early. Free to go and live next to a school and do it again.

There are people out there who say that paedophiles are ill and that it is a sickness. I disagree completely with that. There is no medical reason that would force someone to act on these feelings. I don't believe any amount of therapy will help. Paedophiles are evil and they cannot be rehabilitated. They will always be a danger to society.

So maybe the Vietnamese have got it right. You can't solve the problem so just take it away. I may not like it but I won't be shedding any tears.

8 Comments:

At 8:05 pm, Blogger ill man said...

Old Gaz Glitter eh?

I'm sure the tabloids will be creaming themselves over this one.

Executing paedophiles is a fine idea. Maybe even better, we find the "kiddy fiddler" gene and abort the deviant scum before they're born.

Bravo.

Next!

 
At 10:17 pm, Blogger The other me said...

Lock him up with a load of perverts who get their kicks out of wrinkly old pop stars, it'd be worth the money I think.

 
At 6:44 am, Blogger PROFESSOR SMILE said...

Wouldn't wanna be in His Gang!

 
At 9:21 am, Blogger May said...

You said it, ill man. At least, any medication to make them impotent. Listen, a 7-year-old girl's body was found in our city today. I'm sick of it.

 
At 12:40 pm, Anonymous John said...

A firm grip on his testicles and a sharp knife would be OK by me.

 
At 2:52 pm, Blogger Paul B said...

It's really starting to look more and more unfortunate that Gary Glitter's Greatest Hits contains the tracks Baby Please Don't Go and Do You Wanna Touch Me? (Oh Yeah!)...

On a more serious note, personally I can't stomach the concept of the death penalty, no matter how heinous the crime. Execution lowers society to the level of barbarism of the criminal, which in my book kind of defeats the point.

 
At 7:32 pm, Blogger ill man said...

Oh dear. This happens every time I post something sarcastic. Sorry if I gave the impression I was some kind of revenge obsessed lunatic.

For what it's worth, I, like Paul believe that executing people, whatever they have done, is barbaric nonsense.

As for paedophiles...........it's not a subject one can really have a rational, point/counterpoint discussion about, is it?

 
At 12:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Gods Sake, is humping kids illeagal now? What will the nanny state come up with next?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home