A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Republican Youth.



HELP! MOM! There are LIBERALS Under My Bed! follows the adventures of Tommy and Lou, two regular boys who dream of starting a lemonade stand in order to earn enough to buy a swing set. Their dream goes quite well until liberals like Congresswoman Clunkton, Mayor Leach and Mr. Fussman attempt to tax and regulate their dream away.

Our hat is off, here, to Katharine DeBrecht, the author of Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed."--Rush Limbaugh

"Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed combines an ingenious story with hilarious illustrations to teach kids about the value of hard work and the threat that taxes pose to the
American Dream."--Grover Norquist, president, Americans for Tax Reform

I know you'll find it hard to believe but I swear I haven't made the above up. Are these people insane? What sort of parent is that worried that their child will develop different political views to their own that they inflict this bilge on them?

Am I alone in finding the tactics of the American right really, really disturbing? At one point a communist was the worst possible thing you could be, now liberals are the bogeymen. You mark my words that book will be republished and updated in the next fifty years under the title HELP MOM! There are moderate republicans under my bed. Of course by that time we'll all be living in a cross between a US mall and concentration camp on our days off from waging perpetual wars in defence of 'democracy'.

Political and Religious extremism are a blight on the world and to see children being indoctrinated in this way does not make me look to the future with any sense of optimism. All this points to a certain lack of intelligence. It is far easier to make the word liberal a term of abuse than counter liberal views with well reasoned, intelligent conservative arguments. Name calling and indoctrinating children is the behaviour of dogmatic fools who know their views are morally indefensible.

Of course the author of this trash claims to have written it to counter the overtly 'liberal children's books advocating everything from gay marriage to marijuana use, kids everywhere are being deluged with left-wing propaganda'. Are they really? I was waiting for the gay
thing given the right's bizarre obsession with homosexuality. I'm half minded to write a children's book entitled 'Mr Homo The Hash Dealer Wants To Drug And Fuck Your Son' to see how many right wing nutjobs explode. The last children's book I read was about a rather one dimensional dog who leads a really tedious life which is typical of most children's books. I've read about that book about a child with gay parents but I've never heard about any children's books advocating drug use. Do these drug books exist anywhere except in the fevered imagination of right wingers?

That's all from me from me this evening and remember kiddies 'GAWD MADE ADAM AND EVE, NOT ADAM AND STEVE'.

Cheerio`

5 Comments:

At 11:39 pm, Blogger ill man said...

You'll forgive me for not hitting the links to these cretins. I'd only end up in tears.

It's the age old quandry. Economic liberal/social fascist. The twin pillars of all that the US seems to hold dear. Fuck over who you want, crush them into the ground, lie, steal and cheat, but woe betide anyone who denies god or has homosexual relationships or believes that redistribution of wealth involves a little more than bribes to the middle classes and tax breaks for the super wealthy.

Who'd be a liberal, eh?

 
At 3:01 pm, Blogger Paul B said...

That link is unbelievable. I can't even entertain the possibility that someone would make a book like that and aim it at children.

If it truly is genuine, then I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

I know how you feel Paul, I laughed when I first saw it, then I frowned. Can the tears be long in coming?

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Pam said...

I swear if you write that book, I will buy it !

 
At 12:08 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

I'm seriously considering writing it Pam, these nutters are getting out of hand.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home