A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Scoville Units Be Damned

It's officially Baltic in Glasgow. I don't know why, but it seems that every year I get less and less resilient to this type of weather. The good thing is, the Christmas market is at St Enoch square already. Hurrah! The one and only thing I can stand about Christmas! Unfortunately this year, it has proved wrong one of my deepest held beliefs, namely, that you can never have enough garlic. I tried the garlic bread with spicy garlic sausage and I do believe it was just a few percent below a lethal dose.

This now makes me less keen to visit the
Garlic Queen restaurant in Amsterdam who prepare their stewed beef with "60 pieces of garlic". I didn't have time on my last visit but something now tells me that this was fortuitous.

Regardless, I really do recommend the market, particularly the mulled wine on a cold evening. Or the goulash, which last year was as spicy as a motherfucker.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 pm, Blogger ill man said...

I'm going to take a jaunt down there tomorrow, see whats what. It's exactly the sort of thing I forget is on, i'm rarely down that far into the town.

As for the weather, I quite like a sharp, crisp morning. Beats the pissing rain any day.............

 
At 9:54 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

Ah the Garlic Queen, I was hell bent on eating there lat time I was in Amsterdam. Sadly it was closed for lunch when I got there. Never mind I got to have a nice toastie and a pint whilst looking at a horse, later in the day instead.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home