A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Australian Man Returns From Other Side; Says "Nothing To Report"


Interesting quote from Late Australian media scrote Kerry Packer.

On being revived after a heart attack suffered during a game of polo he reportedly said "The good news is there is no devil. The bad news is there no heaven."

A variant on this can be found here.

Interesting take on the standard "I was in a tunnel and I saw a light and a figure in the distance and it was jesus and he said he loved me" sort of stuff. No relatives, no family pets, no angels.....

Didn't seem to get him down too much.................

2 Comments:

At 4:59 am, Blogger PROFESSOR SMILE said...

Excellent composition and reportage, ill man. Worth my time invested in reading it!
Now I'll go back and check the quality of your links.

 
At 5:20 am, Blogger PROFESSOR SMILE said...

Yep, your links work fine and are quite witty. I'm expecting to have rather a fantastic time in 2006 especially since I have it on such high authority that there is no after-life. I'm cashing in my chips and going on a spending spree with borrowed money - unless of course I receive adequate honestly-merited donations from admirers to pay my way. I can receive PayPal at professorsmile@tiscali.co.uk, if anyone ever reads this and is interested in my look on life (that it should all be fantasy for whoever wants it so to be. I remember one of the greatest lessons I learned from my brother Alistair's death was the subsequent proof of his earlier statement to me "Dead men don't pay bills.")

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home