A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Gee Walker


Mischief Person Of Year....................Ok, I know it's meant to be flippant and all, but Shit.................Gee Walker takes some beating. Your son has been brutally murdered in a racially motivated attack involving an ice pick. Your hatred would know no bounds, right? You would wish the scum who did it a long, slow and painfull death. As for their families.................FUCK 'EM!!!!

Not this lady. Ok, so she's a devout Christian, but it still takes massive courage to say those words..............

"I Forgive Them"

Many a devout Christian has been known to forget about the forgiveness bit in Christ's teachings. Many devout Christians have shown themselves up to be little more than Old Testament junkies who reckon the New Testament is the self absorbed liberal dribblings between the OT and Revelations...............

She also wonders what the families of the killers are going through.........

I would like to think that in such a circumstance I would be able to forgive.................Alas I am not made of the same stuff. I doubt i'd go to bed each night dreaming of vengeance and retribution. But to forgive......................Essentially to show love for your tormentors. I doubt I have the capacity to do such a thing.

Anyway, here's to Gee Walker. A REAL Christian and someone that makes me realise that if I want to regard myself as a humanist, I have a fuck of a long way to go....................

2 Comments:

At 9:36 pm, Anonymous Clairwil said...

I know, such people never fail to amaze me. Michael Gallagher who lost his son Aidan in the Omagh bombing is another fine example of that stoic dignity in the face of unimaginable grief. It is something that I know would be beyond me, sadly I want heads on poles at the slightest provocation. I'm so tired of being angry.

 
At 2:27 pm, Blogger CoconutCain said...

I'm very touched by this story, and my heart goes out to that woman. What courage and conviction of belief to forgive those who committed such a heinous act.

She is a bright star in a world full of hypocrites. I'm sick of these people who hold their convictions only to the point of convenience.

-K.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home