A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Platypus, platypi, platyLIE



Has anybody ever seen a real live platypus ? Does anybody even know someone who has ? I was talking to a work colleague who is just back from Australia and we are both convinced that they don't exist. Some guy glued a duck bill onto an otter and took a picture and the Australian government has been perpetuating a hoax ever since. Look at the picture up there. It doesn't even look convincing. How come you get pandas and tigers and all sorts of endangered animals in zoos but not a single platypus ? I don't even think I've ever seen a stuffed one in a museum. I think there should be an investigation. You can't just go around making up animals. It's not right.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 am, Blogger May said...

That sounds a good question. I think I should ask people around me. I love the photo anyway!

It's not this guy, right?
Oosanshouuo

 
At 5:08 am, Blogger GlasgowGigolo54 said...

Excellent point Pam. I think it's a con.When I was in Australia I was invited out to several "barbies" in the Bush and never saw one single platypus, far less a group of platypi. Did'nt even see a kangaroo, so I'm not sure if they are real. Just these swarms of enormous flies crawling over your face, trying to grab the food before you swallow it.

 
At 5:02 am, Blogger Pam said...

Kangaroos exist. I know because I've eaten one. Very tasty, just melts in your mouth.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home