A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Strewth mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie

I realise that the following post is totally against the tone and principles of this site, and probably constitutes some kind of abuse of my being invited to post on it. And for that, I apologise unreservedly. But here goes:

Does anyone have any experience of/advice concerning backpacking in New Zealand and/or Australia? I'm considering it as something to do in April and May, but haven't the first clue how to start planning it all. Any tips of things to see, places to go, where to stay, how to travel (without a car), etc. etc. would be most gratefully accepted.

I do realise that there are millions of websites offering various bits of advice, but I'd rather base my planning on personal experiences than tourist-board speak.

Thank you muchly for any help you can give, and sorry again for using this website as a noticeboard. I'll write something witty, incisive and clever soon to make up for it. Or I'll just carry on as before and whinge pointlessly about some obscure topic in the news. Either way, normal service will be resumed shortly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home