A Mischief Of Magpies

If the Sun were the size of a beach ball then Jupiter would be the size of a golf ball and a Mischief of Magpies would be as small as a pea.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

'Clairwil' in mental aberration shock-horror!

Sorry, fellow magpies, but you are all going to have to push over in the nest to make room for an immigrant, and it's all 'Clairwils' fault, she invited me! I indicate in the title that she might have suffered some sort of mental blackout but on second thoughts it could be what passes for a sense of humour in Glasgow, I mean, everyone has a sense of humour in Glagow; they must have, surely! Anyway, on receiving the invitation to join you all, I must confess my first re-action was to recall some very wise words delivered by Marx, (er, that's Groucho, of course, not that old fool Karl!) to the effect that 'I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that had me as a member!' That said, there is also the problem of what to contribute. I have enough of a problem trying to think of something to write on my own 'blog' that won't open me to charges of inflicting terminal tedium on an unsuspecting public. Still, I must be gracious for this chance to enter these hallowed, electronic portals and try to come up with something really, really bright, witty and interesting ... oh dear, I feel rather tired ... I think I'll have a little lie down ...

6 Comments:

At 3:07 pm, Blogger ill man said...

Welcome aboard David.

This ought to be fun.............

 
At 6:29 pm, Blogger Paul said...

Greetings... and looking forward to your next post already

 
At 10:16 pm, Blogger Clairwil said...

Welcome to the Mischief as the illman correctly points out this ought to be fun.

 
At 11:12 pm, Anonymous David Duff said...

Well, thank you, but I'm worried about this word "ought" which contains within its meaning seeds of doubt; and also, the word "fun" which depresses me nearly as quickly as a brown OHMS envelope on the door mat.

 
At 12:00 am, Blogger ill man said...

David, do you always analyse throwaway figures of speach in such detail?

Didn't have you down as the worrying type.

Look forward to your first post proper.

ill man

 
At 12:02 am, Blogger Clairwil said...

Good God! Disharmony already!
David how does it shall be entertaining grab you?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home